Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Fire and Ice 30th Birthday Bash!

My sister Gabrielle means the world to me. I love her flair for style, her huge heart, her sense of humor and her devotion to my kids. Simply put, I adore her. But it wasn't always this way. I remember a time when I tortured her. A time when I would lose my ever-lovin' mind when she borrowed my clothes. Or when she touched my make-up. Or when she took my casette tapes. Ya know, average sisterly strife. But in the past 10 years, we've formed a bond that goes beyond borrowed Firenza sweatshirts and missing Madonna tapes.

A bond that has resulted in an unbreakable friendship.



Well, just recently our little Gabey turned 30!!! To honor her milestone, we did the only thing we truly know how to do--PARTY! With a fire and ice theme, we celebrated her birthday in style by throwing her a bash she'd never forget.

We turned our living room into an ice cave and danced the night away. In fact, Bella and Mia danced for HOURS under the twinkles of the disco ball! Not kidding peeps--Mia was still awake at MIDNIGHT shaking her booty!





Parenting at it's finest, here's Eugene taking a picture of Bella browsing the jello shots.



AND ANOTHER PICTURE OF HER LICKING HER FINGERS! Thankfully, it was just a lick.



The night was perfect.



We shared a ton of laughs.









And feasted on plenty of food. Like the chocolate fountain. De-lish!





In keeping with the fire and ice theme, we suspended about 30 electric candle sticks in the air just like Hogwarts



and had tons of candles lit everywhere.



We felt the warmth



and shared stories by the bonfire.



Gabe was surrounded by family and friends that adore her.





Friends who have been by her side for years!



And to my relief, Chance was surrounded by plenty of helping hands. Score!



And of course, it wouldn't be a Post party without a little brotherly love and a french baguette. WTH?



We raised our glasses to Gabey, drank ourselves silly and had a night we'd remember for a long time. Well, at least most of us can remember it :)




HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABRIELLE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet - you know I love a sister shout out! But I agree, swiping a Forenza shirt can make any sissy want to throwdown! Glad your sis had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a sister, too!!! I dont't even get my family to have dinner together on a Saturday. Sad but true. Thank god Jons family is just the other way...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails