Monday, July 26, 2010

I had My Chance

It is with thrill, joy, love, adoration and a pinch of excitement that I welcome our newest family member, Chance Narciso.



Born on July 16th at 8:13 AM, weighing 6lbs. 14 oz. and measuring 19 inches in length, we watched as our daughters proudly shouted

WE HAVE A BABY BROTHER! YIPEEEEEE!!!



I couldn't have agreed with them more.



Many of you might be wondering why we chose the name Chance? Well to put it simply, Eugene and I both feel that life is about taking risks. And how much we can grow and learn from challenging ourselves. Our hope for Chance is that he realizes how short life is and choses to make the very best of it. That, and frankly, we thought the name was kinda badass.

In my life, I've taken many chances that led me here.

Like the time I fell in love with a guy that I knew we'd be forever perfect.




Or how I blindly entered motherhood, after unsuccessfully taking care of several hamsters, a few fish, a cat and about 4 random dogs that our family adopted over the years.






Or how my precious and dedicated yet sometimes destructive relationship with my sister would be passed down to a new generation.







Or when I assisted the special needs classroom in my grade school, giving me first hand experience on how to be patient while simultaneously teaching me to be grateful for what I have.







Or when Eugene and I decided that our definition of family meant sharing our lives and experiences with many kids.







Or when we agreed to teach our children how important it is to always take care of, look out for and indelibly love and respect, eachother. Always.







Or when we realized that the greatest gift you can give your child is a sibling. Long after we're gone, they'll still have eachother to lean on, to depend on, and to carry on.








These little angels





are going to be phenomenal role models for this little guy.



Now that's definitely a chance worth taking.

Buh-dum-cha.

Welcome to our family, Chance Post Narciso.

12 comments:

  1. Hooray! Welcome to the world little dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally made me cry. Welcome to the world little man.

    You all look beautiful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina (and family) --

    I am SO thrilled for you guys! What a wonderful addition to a beautiful family!!

    Happy day!!
    Love,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gina, I am so thrilled for you and your sweet family! A little boy! He is beautiful. Hold onto your heart...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful entry! Thanks for sharing those precious moments with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love him. love the name. love the blog entry. love you. love that your sweet husband has again agreed to come and photograph my family day in and day out. honest to pete that man has mad, mad skillz! so beautiful! i do hope all is going well and you are getting used to all things boy and taking care of yourself. big lovin and keep the bloggin acomin. i love hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gina,

    Brian, Dana, and I all watched this together and would like you to send some Kleenex over.

    We had a wonderful time with you and your amazingly kind, generous family. We all fell in love with your little Chance and can't wait to watch him along with his big sisters as they combat life together... always.

    We love you!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you & your family! Chance is surely one lucky little baby :) These blog entries are always so funny, sweet, and touching all at the same time. Thanks for the glimpse of your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gina & Eugene,

    We are so thrilled for all of you! What a beautiful and important example you set for your children by teaching and appreciating the true beauty of family. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Congratulations!! He's precious, and these pictures are phenomenal! Congrats to your whole beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...that so made me cry! Congrats again and again and again. Every time I walk down my hallway I look at the little girls who were my jr bridesmaids...only a "few" years ago...and think what wonderful mothers they have both become!
    I am blessed to call you my cousin.
    concetta

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails