Sunday, October 25, 2009

I heart Paula



In honor of National Dessert Month (October) I thought I'd share a great recipe. It's no secret, I love Paula Deen. I love how every single recipe starts and ends with a stick of butter. I've never seen a chef so BLATANTLY disregard health, calories and nutrition for taste. It's fantastic! I'm not joking--my mouth waters every time I watch her show.

On a side note, would it be inappropriate for me to invite Paula to stay with us for a weekend? Just a weekend. That's it. Ya know, time enough for 2 of her breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners and a shit load of snacks and desserts. We're great company. We'll make her laugh. She can call it "work" and bring her camera crew--I'm cool with that. Please? Pretty please? Pretty, pretty please with pecans, orange zest, shaved chocolate and powdered sugar on top?

Since that'll NEVER happen, I'll just have to settle for making her meals three, maybe four times a year. Honestly, could anyone even handle more than that? Think about her husband and his poor, defenseless cholesterol levels......lucky bastard!

Here we go ya'll.....Slow Berry Cobbler. Super easy (unless putting things in a bowl and walking away is difficult for some of you) and SUPER YUMMY but you must have a slow cooker.



FILLING:
1 10 oz. bag frozen strawberries
1 10 oz. bag frozen blueberries
1 10 oz. bag frozen raspberries
1/3-2/3 cup sugar, depending on your sweetness level (GO WITH 2/3 CUP, OTHERWISE IT'LL BE TOO TART)
1/2 cup baking mix

TOPPING:
2 1/4 cups baking mix
1/4 cup of sugar , plus another 1/4 cup of sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
Spray the insert of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, stir together 2 1/4 cups baking mix, 1/4 cup sugar, melted butter and milk with a wooden spoon. With your hands, drop bits of dough on top of the fruit in the slow cooker. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the dough and place the lid on the slow cooker. Turn the power onto high and slow cook for 3 to 4 hours until the topping has puffed and the fruit is bubbling.

Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream or both.

Click here if you want to watch Paula make this dish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb4Z57fsawM

2 comments:

  1. YUM.

    I love her monster cookies more than anything I've ever eaten. Oh my god. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that butter is just how we do things in these parts. Cholesterol is a myth. Some Yankee invention to oppress Southern palates. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails