Monday, December 14, 2009

The Goat Whisperer

To celebrate the Holiday season Bella's preschool put on a live Nativity for family and friends. The presentation coincided with our first snowfall of the season, which made it even more special. Bundled up, sipping some hot chocolate we watched as the three and four year old classes put on quite the nativity. The manger was decked out with some sheep and a baby calf, who kept mooing through Oh Come All Ye Faithful, making me giggle through it all--cuz really, it made a great baritone.



We watched as Mary was brought in on a donkey while two angels played a pretty entertaining game of tug of war with the arms and legs of Baby Jesus as they delivered him to the cradle of hay. I watched as all of the other kids dressed as shepherds made their way to the manger. For a moment I thought they forgot Bella in the barn because for the life of me I couldn't place her anywhere.

And with a rather loud guffaw I spotted my daughter (looking rather manly) leading the goat three times her size over to the manger.



Can you blame me for not recognizing her? How hilarious is this?



And what in the heck is she hiding under her turbin? Voldemort?



The kids were adorable. Some held on tight to a rabbit, or a chicken or in Bella's case a ginormous goat.



It was really precious to watch and it started our Christmas season out with a bang. As a parent, I adore these moments and take mental snapshots just as much as I take tangible ones. They're growing up right in front of me, so fast.

Sooo, fast.

On a sidenote, "the Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.” -Jay Leno

Ba-dum-cha!

1 comment:

  1. that's ridiculously cute. what's cuter than a bunch of preschoolers? a bunch of preschoolers and some goats, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails