Sunday, May 9, 2010

Toss, Water and Grow Wild

Mother's Day was simply perfect. My in-laws are in town, so it was particularly special because we had so many mothers celebrating together. Our entire family went for a picnic and BBQ-ed in style! The highlight of my day was opening Bella's present for me that she made at school.


There was a cute little poem about moms glued to a fancy watercolor card that she painted. But it was when I turned the card over that the laughter began. Bella answered a questionnaire about me as her teacher wrote down her answers.

This is priceless:

What is your mother's name? Just "mommy"
How old is she? 45
How tall is she? Little big
How much does she weigh? 10 or 5 pounds
What color is her hair? Brown
What does she do around the house? Wakes me up
What is her favorite food? Toast and waffles
What is her favorite TV show? The news
What is her favorite song? When we sing Neil Diamond together
My mom is? A good friend
I can tell my mom is mad when? She needs a hug
My mom laughs when I? Tell jokes
My mom is special to me because? I love her

How adorable is that?! Although, I about choked when I read the age line! Just a decade off, that's all :)

Attached to the outside of the gift were three clues: toss, water and grow wild. The gift was a teeny tiny clay pot with a clump of seeds that we get to toss around and watch grow.

I gotta say, mothering these girls is a blessing.
They are so unique and so full of life--I'm proud to be their mom.

As I type this, I feel the kicking in my belly from my child within. I can't help but tear up. I can't wait to meet this little guy and hold him and smell him and kiss him.

I just can't wait to be another mother.

Happy Mother's Day to All!

3 comments:

  1. Love that questionnaire! How freakin cute. Happy Mother's Day wishes all around. (A special nod to Mama Post, without whom I'd have never survived those Chicago road trips.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable!! What a cutie. I also love the age line!! That made me laugh out loud.

    Happy Mommy's Day, Gina!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that she thinks your fave show is the news :)
    10 or 5 lbs - kiss that girl right now :)
    a good friend...i completely agree.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails