Saturday, April 9, 2011

Small Packages

Every time we go on a trip I tell myself to pack in advance, but it never, ever happens. I end up packing the night before--losing a ton of sleep making me the biggest biatch to be around let alone in an airport or god forbid an airplane.

But this time, I followed my instincts. We leave for our trip in 5 days and I'm proud to say that I'm 98% done. It's the greatest feeling. I can't believe it's taken me so long to figure out the secret. Pack early. Enjoy the anticipation with none of the stress.

My sister-in-law is getting married in Florence and we are soooo excited. Our first stop is Paris. And I've been prepping the girls with croissants, crepes and Nutella for weeks now. Speaking of which, I cannot wait to shove my face in a banana Nutella crepe. It's such a treat!

I have no idea how it'll be traveling with three kids, but no matter what--we'll figure it out. We even jimmy-rigged a velcro blanket contraption to the strollers so that the kids can sleep in the stroller while we enjoy some type of night life. An 8:00 curfew? In Europe? I think not. Let the kids suffer--at least for a couple of nights. Parents of the Year!

I couldn't help but smile as I packed Chance's things. I love having a boy in our family. It's such a different experience than having girls and I'm so very grateful.

How cute is this? 



His teeny tiny little suit for the wedding fits in a gallon ziplock! 

One day, not that long from now, this little dude will tower over me (or actually maybe not considering eu-gene pool and all). I hope when that day comes I'll remember these moments, when holding him and smiling at him and caring for him was all that really mattered. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that suit is cute! Who says there aren't cute boy clothes??!! They served us ice cream sundaes on our flight to Paris in February. Great flight! Wishing you the same and a wonderful time! Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails