Monday, July 29, 2013

Fun In The Sun

I really should be showering right now. But instead, I thought I'd clear away the cobwebs and blow away the dust that has totally settled over this blog during the past two months. Please say you've granted me a get outta jail free card because adding a 4th child to my crew has rendered me a little batty, which I hope is normal. But enough of the complainin'--it's summer ya'll, and summer just wouldn't be summer without some lemonade, right?

Last week, we held our 2nd annual community lemonade stand.

All photos courtesy of my friend Erin Collins. Thank you!

 It was the hottest day of the summer and I almost melted the moment I stepped outside. But we Narcisos aren't quitters, well at least not after we broadcasted it on Facebook, doh!

It was over 90 degrees at 9AM so the kids made a beeline straight for the park district sprinkler to cool off. Seriously, old fashioned sprinklers are the best! In between hair dips and run throughs the kids passed out lemonade and cookies (baked by Erin) to all the friends that showed up.


And as hot as it was, our two hour event turned out to be perfect!









Thanks to all the families who sweated along with us! Until next year...








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails