Friday, June 27, 2014

Indiana Beach Take 2!!


We are days away from our summer vacation to California and I'm actually packing early for a change. We'll be out there for a long time, so it was tricky planning for 4 kids but I think we're good. I am SO excited to see family and friends, to swim in the ocean, to take my kids to Disneyland and to celebrate Eugene's awesome life with a 40th birthday he'll always remember.

It's going to be wonderful!

In the meantime, I want to share a little family video I put together from our 24 hour camping trip to Indiana Beach over Memorial Day weekend.

If you're anything like me, then camping is super adventurous and fun for about one night. That's my threshold. Now if you throw a camper and air conditioning into the mix, I might be able to extend it, but since all we have is a 5 person Coleman pop-up, one night is plenty.

This is our second time hitting up the nostalgic Indiana Beach and let me tell ya nothing has changed since we were there two years ago. In fact, nothing has changed since 1926 when it first opened. And that's exactly what we love about it. Vintage restaurants and benches that show the history of this summertime destination leaves my kids wondering what it was like "way back when." Old school carnival games, fireworks over the lake and a fried elephant ear were perfect ways to finish off our night.

For a little summer escape without expectations, this is the perfect little spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails