Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mia's 7th birthday pARTy

"Awesome and responsible" is how Mia described what it feels like to be seven. Seven. It's the start of the older numbers. Six? Six still sounds young to me and I spent most of her birthday shaking my head wondering how and when this happened so fast. 
Probably my all-time favorite picture of Mia, smiling on the Hawaiian shores 

one month old
She is smart, sympathetic, artistic and loving.

 





She has a psychic ability to read your feelings and know exactly what to say to make you feel special
Second favorite picture




She is a poet



and a lover of fancy things. Sequins, glitter and gold make her weak in the knees.


She makes me proud everyday, that girl.


We had her birthday date at our favorite ceramic painting cafe. She painted a plate and I chose a bowl. I took her here right before Indy was born and I've cherished our handmade pottery ever since. It is such a perfect date night activity.


We dined at Panera and held each other's hand everywhere we went. It was a perfect night to celebrate another year of her. On the morning of her actual birthday we woke up for an early morning walk and I told her how nervous and scared I was to mother a second child. I reaffirmed her that my fear instantly turned to love the moment I held her tight and met her face to face. 

Those moments right before she was born are burned into my memory and are as real 
and as clear as they were that day May 8, 2008.


Over the weekend, my brother and family from Minnesota came down to celebrate with us at Mia's 7th Birthday pARTy! We had such a great time! Here's proof:


We love you lady!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails