Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Grandparents, The Battle Hymn and a great picnic

Yay! Eugene's parents are visiting from California and we're so happy they get to celebrate Mia's first birthday with us.

Bella was so excited to see them! They couldn't believe how much Mia has changed since February. I can't believe how much she has changed since, oh, yesterday. I mean it. Every day its something new with this girl. I love this age so much. Such curiosity. Anyhoo. To show that we're really gung-ho about moving to the midwest we took Eugene's parents to the Civil War festival in Orland Park. Hee. Hee. I forgot how serious they are about it. Nowhere near as serious as the stories my friend Marianne tells me about her home town of Galena, but serious nonetheless. For example, here's a pretty serious duo jamming to the hits of the 1860's.

Jeez, talk about authenticity. Oh wait....aha! Gotcha! Those are Jacqueline Smith glasses! Total poser!

Ah, General Lee joined the party.

After barely dodging a musket ball we had a family picnic at a local lake. It's great to see our California grandparents spend quality time with our kids. They really miss each other.

An apple a day...

I still can't believe this little munchkin will be one year old on Friday.

I apologize in advance for the reoccuring birthday comments that are soon to follow. I'm still in awe at how fast the time has gone by. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails