Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm so full I can barely type this.

We've been indulging on leftovers for the past 48 hours. I've been way too busy eating to blog about my eating :)

Thanksgiving was perfect this year. My mom cooked the entire meal the same way she and my Aunt Nor cooked it for my entire childhood. The same familiar marshmallowy sweet potatoes. The same perfectly spiced stuffing. And the same amount of love went into it.

She even roped the girls into helping her, much like the way me and my siblings helped assist my Aunt Nor all those years.

Tradition can be a beautiful thing.





I was hoping that the 5 hour cook time at 325 degrees was enough to kill off any grimy germs that may have come with my daughters as they slathered that turkey silly.

About an hour into the cooking process, Eugene and I snuck out and treated the girls to the new Disney movie, Tangled.

These girls were so excited. They ran into the theatre. And I mean, RAN!



Both girls polished off their popcorn before the movie even started. Which I knew would throw a huge dent in their turkey plans--but how could I not?



And the movie turned out to be really cute. Except of course for the villian, which scared the cheesus outta Bella. God forbid Disney put out a movie without one. It's like a prerequisite or something.

We arrived home with 30 minutes to spare before the turkey was done. Which, btw? Was awesome! The perfect turkey! Don't you just want to toss it a top hat and watch those legs step-kick to the tune of NY NY? No? Not at all? Not even a teeny bit?





It was as delicious as it looks. Ahhhh, the sippy cups add a touch of glamour to our table, huh?



Thank you Mom for cooking a perfect dinner that reminded us all just how much love we grew up with! Until next year.....

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh yum! :) That turkey looks fabulous! :)

    And we loved Tangled too. I thought that villain was ridiculously creepy! But Flynn Rider was super cute. :)

    I want to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you guys had a good Thanksgiving! Nobody does it like mom!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails