Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Christmas Jammy-Jam

Guys, I've got a holly jolly hangover that has nothing to do with alcohol and everything to do with 15 kids decking our halls with some serious Holiday cheer. We threw a milk and cookie kids party that may just end up being our favorite 2012 Christmas memory.

Need proof?





Some specifics were these super cute snowman milk bottles. Over the course of a month in the summer Eugene and I drank about 18 of these Starbuck frapuccino's. They've come in handy for SO many dinner parties.


I had some leftover fleece from the super-hero cape project and I used glue dots to adhere the buttons, it was extremely easy. The hard part, however, was the snowman face. When I did a dry run-through mid week I discovered that the powdered munchkins from Dunkin Donuts weren't big enough to sit on top of the bottle. In fact, no powdered donut hole in a 15 mile radius was large enough. So my friend Erin, who also made these amazing Christmas tree cake pops as party favors



saved my Frosty ass and whipped up about 16 vanilla cake balls that were rolled in powdered sugar. With black writing gel and some orange dinosaur sprinkles the Frosty's face was made! It was such a cute way to have their milk and cookies. 



We had a snowball fight that was made possible with about 150 crumpled up tissue paper balls.


Also, we had a book exchange where each kid brought a new or used wrapped book. As I read aloud the story How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the kids would pass their book to the person on their right every time they heard me say the word Christmas. It was so much fun!


We also had a reindeer food buffet. Kelle Hampton totally inspired me when she did this for her North Pole kids party and the idea stuck with me all year.


Bascially, the kids make their own reindeer recipe that they leave outside on Christmas Eve so the reindeer have something to eat while Santa's inside. You can even download her personalized labels here.

Our friends made these awesome Santa desserts that I've been eyeing on pinterest for months now! Btw, that's cake frosting and not whipped cream. They learned the hard way. 


It was a night that will go down in our Christmas scrapbook for years to come. The pajamas, the laughing, the red and green--all of it was so fantastic! Please tell me that Christmas is still magical when you have teenagers? I don't think I could bare the thought of this magic ever leaving our home.



Merry Christmas
2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails