Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Happy 8th Birthday Bella!

Let the Narciso childrens' birthday season commence! First up is our totally beloved, darling little EIGHT year old Bella!

You insisted on dressing fancy for school and I didnt dare disagree.


Your famous pancake breakfast!


And to think that your birthday started with you giving me a morning surprise

Thanks for making my bed Bella!

But my most favorite picture of all of your week long birthday festivities is this one right here:


Boom. I love this picture so, so much. This is the picture you need to show me on my death bed to remind me of what an awesome life I had. Can I dissect all the things I love about this for a minute?! 1. You're wearing a glittery fancy dress to school on your birthday and it's like 15 degrees outside. 2. Mia is holding one end of a Happy Birthday sign giggling at Chance who's holding the other end, waiting to surprise you as you walk through the door from school. 3. Little Indy at the door looking out for you probably giving you the biggest, gummiest grin. He really loves you Bella. 4. Sweet Rizzo's in pounce mode ready to jump up and shower you with wet slobbery birthday licks. 5. The random light saber on the floor that was dropped seconds before we had this idea planned. This is totally our life Bella.

On to the party...

It was the debate of all debates--should she go with a Teen Beach Movie party or a Dear Dumb Diary party? Bella ultimately chose the adorable yet completely campy Teen Beach Movie--think Grease with a Beach Blanket Bingo twist. Very cute movie, by the way.



Our party, like the movie, was a (family) turf war: The Bikers vs. The Surfers


and Chance as Brady


and the rest of the family as either a surfer or a biker in The Rodents gang. It was so funny to see my dad dressed in my moms leather jacket--not quite sure which team he was representing :) but it was hilarious!

It should come as no surprise to you that our menu fit the theme as well: SURF vs. TURF.
First course was beef bbq sticks vs. bbq shrimp with a fancy french sauce that I can't pronounce let alone type. Hot damn they were good! But the winner of this round was Eugene's famous Filipino BBQ sticks (thanks Lolo!).


We then moved into the dining room for some Bingo fun!



2nd surf vs. turf course was a carne asada taco (not pictured) vs. beer battered chilean 
seabass taco.


OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY FINGER LICKIN' GOD!  This was Eugene's first attempt to deep fry anything and the result was the BEST fish taco I have ever tried. It was heavenly and it was also the landslide winner.

The third course was pasta--gotta have the birthday noodles for long life. 
Spaghetti carbonarra (not pictured) vs. linguini with clams. 


Btw, carbonara for the win.



It was another fantastic birthday Bella. You got a hand-me-down iPod that made you jump up and down with excitement. You opened it up, smiled HUGE, found my eyes and we locked for a brief moment. Hidden deep within that millisecond your nonverbal to me was really mom? I'm old enough? and my silent response was yes baby, yes you are!

And just like that your headphones were on and you were flipping through your apps looking for music.

Oy Vey!



Here's your birthday movie my dear...




And hey, spend 3 minutes more and check out this AMAZING dance sequence from Teen Beach movie. SO MUCH FUN!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails