Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Snow White

Holy cow you guys--both Eugene and I came down with an awful case of the stomach flu and I was curled up in the fetal position for about 48 hours. During that time we, allegedly, had amazing weather--58 dregrees and sunny to be exact. My poor kids had to deal with mom and dad down for the count and what could have turned into mass chaos, actually wasn't so bad. I realized that when given absolutely no parental control all my kids want to do is act like a pack of wolves. Literally, a pack of wolves. I remember getting up and stumbling to the kitchen for another bottle of Gatorade and I had to fend off three howling humans who kept pouncing over each other in attack mode. No shit, they were on all fours.

When I woke Tuesday morning and felt every ounce of me recovered, I opened the windows and enjoyed the hint of spring that was in the air. I felt so happy to have energy again. After a long day, Eugene and I watched a movie and couldn't believe the amount of snowfall that had begun to fall. Wah, wah, way.

When we woke up, it was like a winter wonderland. 

Thanks Uncle TJ and Aunt Kaye for the awesome pajamas!

We were all in awe of its beauty. Bella had a "late start", Mia has PM kdg and Chance's school was called off, so we lounged in our jammies as long as we could. The late start was only an hour delay but it felt like a vacation, I tell ya.

Two hours later the clouds broke and the most magnificent blue sky erupted around us. I've never seen such blue skies on a fresh snowfall before and it truly is spectacular!




Waiting for Mia's bus I captured some of our surroundings. The stillness in the air, the white of the snow and the blue of the sky made it a snowfall I will never forget.










And the only thing keeping me going is my weather app which tells me it will be 53 degrees and sunny in the next few days. This snow won't have a chance of turning into the gray slush we've seen for the past three months straight. Spring is happening! I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails