Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Handsfree and a trip to Costco!

"Jack Nabbit, I'm not Octopus Mom!!!"

is a phrase I find myself howling at my daughters almost daily. They honestly want me to do seven things at once and proceed to give me a bewildered looking stare when I can't comply. And of course they always ask for these things when I'm either holding or nursing little Chance. It is beyond annoying. It's uber annoying.

But hang tight web friends, because guess who's big enough for my holy grail, errr I mean Baby Bjorn?

This little guy.....




Yes, that's right. My little squirt finally reached the 8 pound mark which means that I can "officially" carry him handsfree strapped to my rather large chest. Don't worry Chance, breathing is overrated.

At his one month check up he received a perfect bill of health! The doctor was pleasantly surprised to see that his fist pump rivals that of "The Situation."



She was also pretty amazed to see that he can bench press the weight of four fingers. Atta boy!



Me? Well, I'm just smitten over him. Could you blame me?



Though, I have to admit, I've been spending most of my energy these days making sure that the girls have as much fun as they can before we officially bring summer to a close. And I'm not sure about you, but what could be more fun than a trip to Costco?!!

Make no mistake about it, a successful Costco trip comes at a cost. Yeah, like the promise that they can try every single tester, split a hot dog and add some watered down lemonade to their "canteens."

And like any smart mom, I oblige.





And can I just point out that I want so badly to own one of the Costco TWO SEATER shopping carts!! Sure, it's the size of a small Hummer and can't turn for shit......but they keep my kids in one spot and about four feet off the ground, and for that, I love it! Dude, I'd bring it to church if I could.

And of course every Costco trip ends with the exit employee scanning our receipt and comparing it with our cart, while I simultaneously make the speech in my really annoying high pitched mom voice "the girls were so good today, mam."

Which really means

If you forget or simply decide not to draw your stupid little smiley face or bunny rabbit on the back of my receipt my girls will lose their effin' shit. So please, for the love of a stranger, draw something-ANYTHING- on the back of this receipt so that it will ensure two happy giddy little girls a pleasant ride home and an even better unloading experience for me.

And guess what? It works like a charm every time.



Parenting at it's finest!

6 comments:

  1. LOL @ octopus mom.

    Chance is adorable!! How could you NOT be smitten? (and I bet he has that delicious baby smell)

    Costco carts are pretty awesome. Way better than those Target carts where the big kids sit on a little stoop facing each other-- those always end with screaming, biting, a quick exit for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-larious! I just went to the Costco last night SANS KIDS! It was amazing. I was in and out in 30 minutes and did $200 damage. Nicely played, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the smiley faces from the receipt gal at Costco! Is she at your Costco too? Strange...
    That sweet boy of yours is a hunk! I wish I could snuggle him in my arms! Zoe's twins better be that cute! :)
    How do I get my pictures so big? When I upload one into my post, it gives me the choice of small, med, large or extra large. I always go for XL. In t-shirts and blog pics.
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina, Chance is seriously one gorgeous looking little guy. I LOVE your photos...I swear you could have a career in photography is you ever wanted one. So glad everything is going well. We miss you guys. ;) Sandy (MacDonald)

    ReplyDelete
  5. typically I'm calling out "HOW MANY HANDS DO YOU THINK I HAVE? LOOK AT MY BODY. HOW MANY HANDS DO YOU SEE?" which is only rivaled by my "DO YOU SEE THIS PHONE ATTACHED TO MY EAR? DON'T TALK TO ME WHILE I'M ON IT" speech.

    ah, the joys of parenthood.

    Chance is absolutely incredible. What a beautiful boy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhh, you are making my "baby fever" worse. So cute, that little guy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails